The last decade or so has seen hoverboards hot the market with a bang! Once part of science fiction, you only have to look around most city streets and you will see people traveling on their hoverboards to get from A to Z. Razor is one of the leading hoverboard manufacturers and produces high-quality models from just a hundred dollars or so.
Hoverboards are not just for kids to use. They can be used by anyone who wants to travel at speed without having to worry about traffic lights, cars, or other road users. Of course, proper precaution is required at all times when riding a hoverboard to ensure the safety of the rider and those around them.
If you’re looking to join the world of hoverboards or want to upgrade to a high-quality razor model, you’re in the right place. In today’s article, we will be discussing how certain razor hoverboard models are so you can decide which is best for you and your budget.
What Is A Hoverboard?
Before we look into Razor hoverboard costs, let’s explore what a hoverboard is.
A hoverboard is basically an electric scooter that allows its user to glide across a surface such as a floor, pavement, grass, etc. It uses electromagnetic fields to create lift and propulsion. This means it doesn’t require any kind of fuel source like petrol or diesel. The hoverboard is powered by batteries and is controlled using a remote-control device.
Types Of Hoverboards
Understandably, different types of hoverboards correlate to differing hoverboard costs.
There are three types of hoverboards:
- Single wheeled
- Dual wheeled
- Quad wheeled
Single wheeled hoverboards are the cheapest type of hoverboard and are usually found in stores selling more affordable products. Dual wheeled hoverboards are slightly more expensive than their single-wheeled counterparts. As for quad wheeled hoverboards, these are very rare due to the difficulty in producing and maintaining their designs.
Single Wheeled Hoverboards
These hoverboards are also known as single-wheeled electric skateboards. They are often made up of plastic or metal parts and are easy to assemble. These hoverboards are perfect for beginners since they are relatively easy to ride and are affordable. However, these hoverboards tend to be noisy and can cause damage if ridden too fast.
Dual Wheeled Hoverboards
These hoverboards are similar to single-wheeled hoverboards except they have two wheels instead of one. They are easier to maneuver than single-wheeled hoverboards and are generally much quieter. They are also more stable and durable than single-wheeled hoverboard models.
Quad Wheeled Hoverboards
This is probably the most advanced type of hoverboard available. Quad wheeled hoverboards are designed to go faster than both single and dual-wheeled hoverboards. They are also heavier than single and dual-wheeled models. They are usually made out of carbon fiber and aluminum. Quad wheeled models tend to be extremely expensive and only a few manufacturers produce them.
Razor Hoverboard Costs
Razor hoverboards come in two main categories:
- Standard hoverboards
- Professional hoverboards
Standard hoverboards are cheaper than professional ones but they don’t offer as many features. Professional hoverboards are more expensive but they do offer better quality. Let’s take a closer look at some of the different hoverboard models from Razor.
Standard Razor Hoverboard Models
Four different models make up the standard range of hoverboards from Razor. These include:
- Razor Hovertrax Lux
- Razor Black Label Hovertrax
- Razor X-Ray
- Razor Hovertrax Prizma
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0
All of these models are priced between $250 and $320 via the Razor website.
Let’s take a look at the two most popular models below.
Razor Hovertrax Lux
This is one of the cheapest models from Razor and is suitable for ages 8 and over.
- Easy to assemble
- Not very durable
Razor Black Label Hovertrax
This is arguably the most popular model from Razor and is suitable for ages 8 and up.
- Fast charging time
- Good battery life
- Poor durability
In general, you should be looking for a Razor hoverboard cost averaging $250 on but second-hand models can be found for a cheaper price.
Things To Consider When Buying A Hoverboard
The first thing you need to know about buying a hoverboard is that there are many options available. You should consider what features you want before choosing which hoverboard to buy.
Some people prefer hoverboards that are cheaper but lack certain features while others will pay extra for better quality hoverboards. The best way to choose the right hoverboard for you is by considering your needs and wants.
Some of the things you may want to consider when looking at hoverboards are:
- How much do you plan on riding this hoverboard? If you plan on using it mostly for short distances then you can get away with a cheap hoverboard. However, if you plan on using it for longer distances then you would benefit from getting a hoverboard that has a higher speed.
- What kind of terrain do you plan on using your hoverboard in? Some hoverboards are made specifically for smooth terrains like tarmac while others can move easily over rougher ground such as gravel. Think about the surfaces you will be using your hoverboard most of the time. Also, if you live in a place where snow falls often, then you will not be able to use a hoverboard in snowy areas.
- Is safety important to you? Safety is always something that we should keep in mind when purchasing any product. Some hoverboards have been recalled due to safety concerns. It is therefore important to check the reviews online to see whether other users had similar experiences.
There are many factors that go into determining which hoverboard is the best one for you. We’ve already mentioned some of them above but here are some more reasons why you should choose a particular hoverboard over another.
- Durability – The most important factor when it comes to hoverboards is their durability. You don’t want to spend money on a hoverboard only to find out later that it doesn’t last long. Therefore, make sure that the hoverboard you purchase has good build quality.
- Speed – Another major factor that determines which hoverboard is the right one for you is its speed. When shopping around for a hoverboard, you should look for one that offers a decent speed. Also, make sure that the speed is adjustable.
- Price – As previously stated, price is also a very important factor when deciding which hoverboard is the perfect fit for you. Make sure that you compare prices across different hoverboards to ensure you get the best deal possible.
- Warranty – Lastly, make sure that the warranty offered by the hoverboard manufacturer covers all parts and accessories included in the package.
Razor hoverboards are some of the bests on the market. For only a few hundred dollars, you can purchase a top-quality Razor hoverboard and enjoy the convenience, speed, and thrill that it has to offer.
We hope this helped break down Razor hoverboard costs!